There are two ways to link to a file. Option 1 is easier, but uses the file name for display. Option 2 is flexible and can be formatted into a button or other style.
Option 1: Embed via WYSIWYG
- Position the text cursor where you want to add the file in the WYSIWYG text area.
- Click on the file icon in the toolbar
- Upload a new file or select a previously uploaded file from the Browse site files tab.
Option 2: Use a file link
- Go to Shortcuts > Add media/file in the admin menu (open in a new tab/window if you don't want to navigate away from your current page)
- Select File, upload your file and give it a name.
- Before you save the file (you can always come back to this page as well), copy the file path
- In the WYSIWYG editor, select some text and click the link button
- Paste the url selected in step 3
- Click save